Raking leaves is a great outdoor activity anyone can enjoy. But many have probably experienced pain or discomfort after a long day of raking leaves and bending over to pack them into bags. When you do start raking those leaves, keep these tips in mind.
- Before you start, warm up your muscles with a 10 minute walk.
- Follow your arms up with easy, low-impact stretches.
- When lifting bags of waste/ make sure you are lifting correctly.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body well hydrated.
- Relax and do not overextend when you stretch.
If you experience back pain that persists for more than a day or two after yard work, consider consulting with a chiropractor!